How to measure your rings size
- Use a piece of string or dental floss and wrap it around the base of your finger.
- Wrap the string around your finger. Make sure the paper is below the joint of your finger and close to your knuckle.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- Use a millimeter ruler to measure the string.
- Use the following chart to determine your ring size. Rings also come in half sizes, the measurements of which, of course, will fall somewhere in between the whole sizes.
Have an existing ring that serves as size reference?
- Select a ring that fits on the intended finger. Make sure this ring is still in its round shape and hasn’t deformed into an oval shape.
- Place the ring on a millimeter ruler and measure the INSIDE DIAMETER of the ring.
- If the ring falls between two sizes, order the larger size
Make sure your finger is at a normal body temperature — fingers can shrink or expand when cold or hot. If your knuckle is much larger than your finger’s base, take two separate measurements and choose a size in between. You want a ring to fit over your knuckle, but not be too loose or it will shift around.